Wednesday, July 21, 2010

one year...


A lot of bad can happen in one year. The world can feel global warming like never before, we can mess up our ecosystem more than ever (ie BP oil) or we can see more and more people without jobs due to greed and lack of moral standards within businesses.

How can we not let this effect our everyday lives? How can some people wake up and be upset about the fact that they don't have what they want- when they do not go and get it? So much negativity...so many people wanting to make a change in themselves, but not putting their ideas into motion.

A year or so ago I left my job of almost 9 years to explore what I could get out of this world. I had dreams of what it could be like and what I wanted. I found some of these and made them a reality. I also found some things I never thought I would/could ever do and created them.

Here are a handful of those things:

1. Learn and educate myself and others.
2. Meet and interact with people that do not know about my hobbies.
3. Create and/or find someone to create with.
4. Make everyday an adventure.
5. Open up myself to someone.
6. Live bellow my means.
7. Make someone smile and laugh everyday.
8. Change my perception- look up more than down.
9. Help someone I don't know.
10. Rebuild my family.

One year can go by so fast, that you can forget how it all started. I guess sometimes you have to leave your mark- so that you know you have been their when you get back. This blog for example was like my own mark. Up until today, I had forgotten about it.

In the past year I have found my future wife, written a book with her, gone on adventures daily, cried with her, laughed with her, been upset at, looked up at the sky for hours to find that one shooting star that we could share. I found someone that I could share my life with.

Sometimes I forget that we are two people. It is important to remember that we are ourselves with others. If we act like we are walking down this path of life as one, then we will lose a part of ourselves along the way. Sometimes you might not agree on the path or destination, but loving and knowing one another, and more importantly understanding each other; will make the word sacrifice non existent- that sacrifice becomes a moment or adventure to remember for a lifetime.

Love life, smile often and laugh till it hurts.

Hope all is well*

No comments:

Post a Comment